PAYPAL DONATIONS BANNER
Provided by CoolFundraisingIdeas.net
Friday, October 19, 2012
NEW PROGRAMMING CHANGES FOR 2013!
The Retro Attic - 50s To 80s Rare Oldies is going to have a few noticeable changes in its programming to kick off 2013. I'll mention the major ones:
1. We will start off the new year being as close to a true "No Repeat Workdays...And Weekends" station as you can get. In other words, there will be a different playlist for each day of the week. Right now, I certainly have plenty in the inventory so that I can pull this off. A couple of my listeners have noted that certain songs are getting heard on consecutive days, which is a bit strange because none of the songs on my master list carry any special weight over the others(it's just one of those crazy "luck of the draw" situations). While it hasn't been such a problem that it would make people want to change the dial, I don't want to end up being like my local classic rock station who is lucky if they manage to repeat a song every other day(trust me, they play plenty of the same titles each and every day!). I'm always adding new titles, so you won't be hearing the same exact playlist every Monday(as an example). If you don't want to wait a week to hear a certain song, then put my request form to good use, which is located on my webpage at http://retroatticrareoldiesradio.blogspot.com.
2. "The American Bottom 45 - The Other Grooves" will return in January and will be a monthly feature. We will focus on a specific week from that month in a specific year, counting down all the records from #100 through #41 along with a "Bubbling Under" entry. The show will air twice a week(one weekday and one weekend night, yet to be determined). I can tell you that the first two shows of 2013 will be taking you back to January 1981 and February 1969. I did a test run of the show in October, but I will be unable to present any new shows for the rest of 2012 as I will be pretty busy(holidays, day job, etc.).
3. Retro commercials will be thrown into the regular programming. Whether it's an ad for a vintage cereal, an ad for some band's "new album," an ad for "state-of-the-art" stereo equipment, or an ad for a classic TV show...you'll never know when you will be hearing them!
4. It was suggested that I throw in some material from the early 90's, so I will include some "here and there." It won't be so much that I will be forced to change my station IDs or sweepers; I want the main emphasis of my station to remain "50s To 80s Rare Oldies." In my opinion, the quality of the charts started going way downhill after 1993. Therefore, you will more than likely hear me play material from Roxette, Sophie B. Hawkins, Danger Danger, Go West, The Gin Blossoms, Steelheart, etc. Don't expect to hear gangsta rap or "Rump Shaker." I would rather play The Digable Planets or something from Milli Vanilli's little-known post-Grammy fiasco than that stuff! I may also dabble with mid to late 40's tunes, but I'm going to educate myself further on those first.
5. News updates on artists in my rotation will either be worked into certain songs or will be featured as posts on my webpage. I'm probably going to start that right away.
You have the rest of this year to voice your opinion on the above changes, so feel free to let me know what you think!